Logging on after hotmail after 3 years now, and I'm feeling so nostalgic.. Those talks with special friends n getting attatched to people I didn't know, stuff to share about daily things happening to me. But no more... I miss the DA, the people in it, how I'd sneak online late at night when mum din allow me to surf coz of boards.. n chatting with el, fawkes, bro.. N all the thigns that happened then.. Serious things, that changed my life in so many ways I can't even repeat. I'm so glad to have those memories. And ways to repoduce them right now.. Certain smells, certain words.Miss those times, those people, who're hardly a part of my life anymore.
9th November 2013 I approached the coconut seller and asked, "how much for one?" "30 for malai wala and 25 for paani wala" "Patli malai wale ke liye kitna?" "30 memsaab", he said. I asked for one with the thin malai. It was delicious. The first sip from the straw, and images of coconut trees and paddy fields flashed in my mind. Narrow roads and clear skies, palms swaying in the breeze - it cut back to the straw. The water was over. I looked inside the coconut, hoping for more water. "Kahan se laate ho aap?" I asked. "Mysore se. Yaha toh koi nikaalta nahin hai pedh se. Pakh jaate hain." he said. "Aur aap kaha se ho?" "Main Allahabad se" he said, smiling. "Itni door se? Poori family yaha hai?" "Haan ji. Ek flat tha, lekin usme jagaha nahin thi, toh hum bhaade pe reh rahe hain." he said, "aap kaha se ho?" "Main Goa se hoon" I said. He smiled. "Toh a...
Comments