Skip to main content

Sunday, 17th October

01:58 17-10-2011

Well it's really been a long time since I made a journal entry. Today was a sunday. In a few days we'll be leaving for Chitrakatha and hopefully its gonna be an unforgettable journey. Maya has been going on forever and I have been in distress with the animation. So much, that I actually had to talk about it to Chandan sir, who told me that if I really truly wanted to practice pre-prod I'd have to work on it side by side, and that the indian industry doesn't NEED amateurs in the field. What they need now is animators, 2D or 3D, and the edge I have over the rest is my 2D base.

Today started out with the mess breakfast. Ate aloo paratha and chocos. Managed to finish my entire tray. I love Sunday breakfast. Went to coll, was watching Grey's Anatomy, playing the addictive fb game called Adventure World. It's pretty, love the graphics. Today was the "Shuffle" pre-quasar event. I really missed it. If I'd been better I'd go - or so I'd been telling myself today. I never miss this kinda stuff but I wasn't well. I haven't fully recovered from my cold, which turned out to be tonsils, bronchitis, and a climate change infection. Luckily I went to the doctor just in time. There's a decent doc in Loni, next to Shantai. We've returned the bike, so we've gone out less. Also I lost my debit card and later my wallet. Another traumatic event in my life. :( I can't seem to stop losing things. Anyway, I'm over it now. I'm forgetting the expensive new pink tetra pack wallet I bought from Either Or, the money in it, (Rs. 500), the credit cards, and worst of all - my license. Dunno how I'm gonna get it back. Hoping that I have a photocopy at home. Later today Alok and I played a lot of T.T after having some coffee and biscuits. He was low over maya and all its uncertainly. We've started becoming more drab. Anyway, the T.T totally worked, and we played a whopping 10 matches! He scored over 10 in 2. Lol! No, but he's getting better at it, right binge? He can spin sometimes, and I can't do that till date. I'm sure he'll make a decent opponent. We had dinner at the mess, and got back to the lab. I browsed a TON. Saw some seriously inspiring artwork online, a lot of blogs and a lot of story blogs, interviews and tutorials. Overdose of knowledge. Saw a nice movie on vimeo called Gristle. Brilliant treatment. Truckloads of effort must've gone into that film. It was commendable. Finally I got to the room and watched an episode of modern family after oiling my hair (which has now become a broomstick) and washing my cooker and utensils. Forced myself to write this entry. I haven't written in what seems like forever, but I'm glad I've started again. I missed it. It's as relieving as meditation, and I don't wanna lose practice and forget how to write!

Meanwhile HiVE Aug-Sept 2011 also happened. Turned out to be a great success with a thumbs up from everyone. Oct-Nov is in the making. That's all for now. Goodnight. :)

-
N.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be the change you want to see.

18th April 2016 Arvind and I recently read about the 19 year old who is solving the world’s ocean pollution crisis. Boyan Slat is a Dutch engineering student single handedly developing the gyers (floating booms and processing platforms) which would potentially clean up 20 billion tonnes of plastic from the world's oceans; the plastic which kills millions of animals and damages thousands of cargo vessels every year. Arvind stressed on the fact that he was 19 – he was exceptionally impressed by a kid who showed that much drive, determination and hard work at such a young age. For me, regardless of his age, this was so commendable. The age didn’t matter to me, infact I disagreed with Arvind, and mentioned how adults have it harder to do something for the greater good. Not only are they in a pathetic zone (they have full time jobs!), they also have responsibilities towards their families and are less imaginative and courageous than the youth since they are aware of the hindrances li

The Coconut Seller

9th November 2013       I approached the coconut seller and asked, "how much for one?" "30 for malai wala and 25 for paani wala" "Patli malai wale ke liye kitna?" "30 memsaab", he said.        I asked for one with the thin malai. It was delicious. The first sip from the straw, and images of coconut trees and paddy fields flashed in my mind. Narrow roads and clear skies, palms swaying in the breeze - it cut back to the straw. The water was over. I looked inside the coconut, hoping for more water. "Kahan se laate ho aap?" I asked. "Mysore se. Yaha toh koi nikaalta nahin hai pedh se. Pakh jaate hain." he said. "Aur aap kaha se ho?" "Main Allahabad se" he said, smiling. "Itni door se? Poori family yaha hai?" "Haan ji. Ek flat tha, lekin usme jagaha nahin thi, toh hum bhaade pe reh rahe hain." he said, "aap kaha se ho?" "Main Goa se hoon" I said. He smiled. "Toh a

Messed up 48 hours.

28th June 2013 So I've had a terrible 3 days here. I realised my Sc. 5 was accidentally missing from my Film Folder, and when it hit me that my last backup was a March backup that had 2 months of work done after that, I was feeling absolutely broken-hearted. I didn't know if it was worth continuing this film. I was drowning in sorrow at the thought of having to do all that work again. I googled it, got a few recovery softwares that mostly hung and some showed some files I wasn't looking for. I called a good friend who suggested two good data-recovery softwares. 'Wondershare', the best one I'd tried took 12 hours to scan my PC for all the files that were deleted from my Recycle bin. It didn't have it. At 3 am I decided to give up. It was gone. I tried to get over it and move on as quickly as possible. I could not afford to give up now. It would be like dropping out of college in your final year. I was on the verge of finishing the film, and would probabl