Skip to main content

Fluffball rescue!

16th Feb 2012

Today En and I are leaving for Goa to take the reference pictures of the environments of our films. I really hope it'll be fruitful. I'm gonna make a proper itinerary so we can stay on track. I'm gonna take some printouts, make a huge reference library and explode myself on some blank sheets. Home will definitely be a positive change from 'the white box'. Right now I'm waiting for Ram to come to college. Yes! The amazing Ram Singh is here to show off his talents! He's gonna help me reduce the length of my film to half. Also our new 3D character animation mentor - Gayatri Patil is really sweet. She suggested documenting every week, and divide the week's work and stick to it. So I'm gonna try and write here everyday so I can keep track of how this project happened, even it'll fail. I have nothing to fear!

Now I'll tell you guys how yesterday went. Ram arrived, I was surprised, I worked, Alok went to with Taps to fix his phone, and by the time I managed to churn out some decent stuff. When he came back we went for a quick session of Frisbee (which failed miserably thanks to lack of people), but we still had fun running around. Later yesterday before mess, we heard a puppy cry. Polo went to have a look, but he was too scared to come out. So we decided to look into it after dinner. When we got back he was still there, really scared. I somehow got him out and everyone went googaga over him. He really was a catch! A big patchy ball of fluff. But he was lost. So we made him some milk with milk powder. He drank two biscuit covers full, and Riddhi and I went to look for his parents. We found a friendly brown female, so we took him to her. She sniffed him, and backed off. There was a moment - so natural and beautiful, yet we were sad - our fluffball got rejected by this mom. She new he wasn't hers, and went off. We kept him back with regrets and convinced our hearts not to keep him with us in hostel.

Later that night Ram called for a walk and some Raj chai. So we went. Got some for En, and went up to the lab to give it to him. Right then, Polo and Chai called, saying they could hear our fluffball crying. I looked out from the 3rd floor and saw him scratching the wall. The family must've been on the other side! It struck me and I ran down, hoping to make it in time, coz Bublé, MIT's alpha dog was after him. So En took care of him while I picked the pup up and dropped him across the wall with 2 other fluffballs who were barking for him. The minute he was there they all ran down and were out of sight in no time. I was so glad and relieved! It was an amazing feeling to have helped him. :)

So that was the highlight of my day. It's special when an experience like this happens once a while. You get a thrill when someone needs you and you're there for them. :)
So long fellas. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be the change you want to see.

18th April 2016 Arvind and I recently read about the 19 year old who is solving the world’s ocean pollution crisis. Boyan Slat is a Dutch engineering student single handedly developing the gyers (floating booms and processing platforms) which would potentially clean up 20 billion tonnes of plastic from the world's oceans; the plastic which kills millions of animals and damages thousands of cargo vessels every year. Arvind stressed on the fact that he was 19 – he was exceptionally impressed by a kid who showed that much drive, determination and hard work at such a young age. For me, regardless of his age, this was so commendable. The age didn’t matter to me, infact I disagreed with Arvind, and mentioned how adults have it harder to do something for the greater good. Not only are they in a pathetic zone (they have full time jobs!), they also have responsibilities towards their families and are less imaginative and courageous than the youth since they are aware of the hindrances li

The Coconut Seller

9th November 2013       I approached the coconut seller and asked, "how much for one?" "30 for malai wala and 25 for paani wala" "Patli malai wale ke liye kitna?" "30 memsaab", he said.        I asked for one with the thin malai. It was delicious. The first sip from the straw, and images of coconut trees and paddy fields flashed in my mind. Narrow roads and clear skies, palms swaying in the breeze - it cut back to the straw. The water was over. I looked inside the coconut, hoping for more water. "Kahan se laate ho aap?" I asked. "Mysore se. Yaha toh koi nikaalta nahin hai pedh se. Pakh jaate hain." he said. "Aur aap kaha se ho?" "Main Allahabad se" he said, smiling. "Itni door se? Poori family yaha hai?" "Haan ji. Ek flat tha, lekin usme jagaha nahin thi, toh hum bhaade pe reh rahe hain." he said, "aap kaha se ho?" "Main Goa se hoon" I said. He smiled. "Toh a

About Grandfather

26th March 2015 Bad drawing. But drawing nonetheless. My grandfather, 'Deddy' was a very good man. I used to think in his old age that I barely know him. In my growing up years he was already bed ridden. Deddy was the only doctor in our family, n he was a great one. He was an orthopedic surgeon. It was sometime in 2000, that he had fully lost function of the right side of his body and was suddenly paralysed. The deddy I saw after that was a short tempered crabby demanding person, who only seemed to live for his love of food. He would need help to sit up on the bed, bathe and eat. He was like this for 12 years until I was in my 1st year of college and got the call. I wouldn't say I was very close to him, but he did talk to me a lot about his younger days of apprentice, his travels to Britain and his violin. He was very proud of me because I loved sports and he thought I was intelligent because I aced biology. But the reason I loved him was because I had flashes of m